Setup (Top Right Corner)
Create > Objects
Click New Custom Object
Complete the fields
Label: Bug (Name of the Object)
Plural Label: Bugs (Plural name of the object)
Object Name: A unique name used to refer the object when using API.
Description: Description about the object.
Context Sensitive Help Setting:
- Open the standard Salesforce.com Help & Training window: Open the standard Salesforce.com Help & Training window: Basic salesforce help available for any custom object.
- Open a window using a custom s-control: s-control you select as the context-sensitive help link from any custom object record page
- Open a window using a Visualforce page: Visualforce page you select as the context-sensitive help link from any custom object record page
Record Name: Name which will be used in page layouts, related list and search results
Data Type: You can select text or auto number for the record name.
Allow Reports: You can use object for reporting purpose when enabled.
Allow Activities: Allows users to associate tasks and scheduled calendar events.
Track Field History: Enables for the organization to track record changes
In Development: Still in Development.
Deployed: Visible to the other users.
Object Creation Options (Available only when custom object is first created)
Add Notes and Attachments related list to default page layout:
Adds Notes and Attachments related list to the object page layout when object is created.
Launch New Custom Tab Wizard after saving this custom object
Starts the custom tab wizard after you save the custom object.
Object: Bug (Populated Automatically)
Tab Style: Click Lookup
- Tab Style Selector: Select the style you prefer.
Select the profile for which new custom tab will be available.
Apply one tab visibility to all profiles: (Assign to all profiles)
- Default On: Object will be visible to the users in the tab.
- Default Off: Object will not be visible to the users in the tab but user can access the tab.
- Tab Hidden: Hidden from the users.
Apply a different tab visibility for each profile: (Assign to selected profiles)
Custom Object Bug has been created.